Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

First holidays away from home_Day 3

21st December 2011.

Today was so awesome!

Morning wake up call from home! Skyped with them randomly as early as 7 am! This was not planned! It was so awesome. My youngest niece called me aunt!! Oh yeah! :)

After refreshing myself, I went upstairs for breakfast! Vanessa (my friend) served me breakfast!
I ate cereal with milk while reading Vancouver Sun for the first time! :)

Later, Stephanie's friends came over. (Stephanie is my friend- Vanessa's sister) . Then we wanted to do some Christmas baking, and browsed through the recipe books. Unfortunately, we didn't have ingredient to do gingerbread house and the time was so limited. Then, Vanessa's mom had this ready make ginger bread dough and all we need to do is bake it. So, we did that. :)
It was my first time to do gingerbread man! Because it was ready made, we couldn't mold the dough, so it wasn't a real gingerbread man. :( The process of doing it was fun!

Next, we decorated the Christmas tree. Wait, this sounds so plain. It wasn't an easy nor plain work to decorate the tree. First, Vanessa's mom put on Michael Buble's Christmas songs as background music and Vanessa brought us the ornaments. The atmosphere was so nice and christmassy!! :P Stephanie's friends were there too. Then, we had some photo shooting sessions to capture the moments. Vanessa and her sister wore their first ballet performance costume.

Mission one completed. Then what? Lunch time! We had cheese sandwiches with salad and sparkling apple juice. After an hour, we walked around the neighbourhood. We went down to Vanessa's elementary school and Edgemont Village , which is a small commercial place. It was decorated with light and everyone is in holidays mood! Then we went to North Vancouver library and spent an hour there. I borrowed a book called "Chicken Soup for the Soul- O Canada" to learn about the culture and lifestyle of the people in Canada!

Then we walked back home. Guess what today was the first day of Winter and it was shortest day of the year. Yeay! After a nice hot shower, I went upstairs and had dinner with Vanessa, Stephanie and Vanessa's mom. :) She did Udon soup and prepared Vietnamese salad roll. Stephanie did the dip sauce and Vanessa put the salad roll pieces together. It was a great dinner. I have never eaten both dishes. One thing I realised is that Canadians' culture is being multicultural even at home.:)

Then we had another movie night again- The Letters to Juliet. It was a good romantic story. A qoute I like the most, " I am madly, deeply, truly and passionately in love with you." Ha ha ha. It was a very beautiful scene. You should watch it! if you haven. That's all for today. Oh yeah, I totallt forgot about this. I had good night call from home too. Aww.. :)

Its quite late now and I have to be in bed soon as tomorrow we have even more stuffs to do! Oh yeah! Till then folks take care.

No comments: