Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 30, 2011

First holidays away from home _Day 10

28th December 2011

Today was a long day too. My friends and I met up in the train station at 10.30 am and came back to the same train station at 8.00pm. Just imagine that long day. Where did we go and what did we do?

First stop: Yaletown- We walked down to Yaletown Dock, on the way we saw a building, which exhibits an old train. It was closed and I don't know the name of that building.

Then we walked down the dock while taking pictures of the beautiful scenery. Then we walked to BC place and Rogers Arena. On the way, we ate lunch in a shop. The food was pretty good and not expensive. I ate grilled chicken with rice and mix vegetables.

Then we went to Terry Fox plaza. That moment the atmosphere has changed. I did sense it. From happy atmosphere, things became gloomy and sad. I felt moved too when I was looking at Terry Fox statue and admire him for his intention and deeds. It is very hard to get people like him, who united the nation with only one cause: raise awareness about cancer and funds for cancer research. Very impressive and inspiring.

At this point, words from my teacher came to me: Inspiration is everywhere, it is just a matter of oneself where to find it.

Then we took sky train to waterfront station and met with another friend before going to Stanley Park.


We went to Vancouver aquarium in the Stanley Park. :) OMG! The line up was so crazy. We waited almost 20 minutes to buy ticket. Oh man! But WORTH it. There were mind-blowing animal shows and I learned a lot about aqua animals here. So long I don't know whether I was not aware or ignorant about them. Oh well, now I know them now. :)

When I was in the aquarium, all I could do was being amazed with the nature when all just fall just nicely like a fixed jigsaw puzzle. This is also one of the places that I wanted to bring my friends and family to visit. :) I also experienced 4D movie in the aquarium for about 15 minutes. Haha. Pretty good experience that you couldn't get everywhere. :)

Then, went to eat dinner in food court of Pacific Centre Mall. Pretty good dinner too. Headed back home tiredly.

After reaching home, I had a hot shower and felt so good. Then I ended up watching movie with my aunt. The movie was: Aqeeela and the Bee. It was an AWESOME movie. So inspiring.

Then my cousin bought us some Nando chicken and the food was good.:)

There goes the day with these awesome activities.

No comments: