Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 22, 2011

First Holidays away from home_ Day 4

22nd December 2011

Fourth day:

Day started off as usual with breakfast. Vanessa made me scrambled eggs and I made myself a toast. I know that this is not a big deal. :P

Then we did dish washing together. It was so much fun. The work was done faster too. I had good time doing it as it reminds of me doing dishes back at home. :)

Then we relaxed a while because we are going to go to Vanessa's family friend's house after lunch. Vanessa's mom went to work, so we had to do our own lunch. Guess what was our lunch: last night's salad roll and ice cream. :D Ice cream tastes great with cakes! You definitely should try it. :P

Then Mr.Bob picked us up and we headed to their house in Burnaby. We took a highway and it wasn't that long, probably 20-25 minutes and this is because we had stop in a vet clinic on the way. Or else, I bet it will take shorter.

Today is their youngest daughter's birthday. She is turning to 4 today. That is exciting. Her name is Ella and she reminds me of my nieces. She is so cute too as them.

Next, we walked to Burnaby Village Museum to see the old fashioned Christmas celebration and carousel riding. The place has few building which look like the buildings in a little village in the past and it portrays how the first village in the town would have looked like. It was more awesome with Christmas spirit.

The highlights of the place:
-> you can know how an old town in Burnaby or in British Columbia would have looked like.

-> You can see the father of Christmas ( now we call him as Santa Claus). Its pretty classic.

->You can visit a model of old house.

-> There is a guy who sings the Christmas songs and spice up the spirit. :)

-> Carousel riding! Even adults can do it and its pretty fast too. I enjoyed it very much.

I must thank Morrie and Sigrid for the wonderful outing and dinner!

What's next? We walked back home and then played. I didn't know that I could play with a 4 year old kid without getting bored easily. Then we had dinner and saw shows put up by Stephanie and her friend! Cake cutting ceremony and we had Christmas crackers. I don't know how to describe them. It was fun. Finally, we had presents opening sessions. It was something really different from Malaysia, where we don't open the gifts in front of the guests but here its opposite. It was great actually!

That's all for today. I am so tired and gonna snuggle my pillow now.

No comments: