Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 26, 2011

First holidays away from home_ day 7

25th December 2011,

Christmas!!!

This is my first time celebrating Christmas. Back in Malaysia, I don't celebrate Christmas with my family. Last year I went to one of my friend's open house. But this year, it was amazing. I woke up and had my breakfast, then what? Gifts time.

Well, I wasn't aware how gifts were so important during Christmas. I just got a box of chocolates and two very little gifts for my cousins. In return, I got so many presents. Everyone in the family gave me gifts. I was so touched. It was so overwhelming when my cousins gave me indoor flip-flops. I didn't expect that and I feel so bad for not preparing decent gifts for them. :(

Then, I helped Grandma to do salad for the dinner. For lunch, I had some soup. Then, I was helping my aunt and Grandma in the kitchen preparing Christmas dinner. :) I loved working in kitchen. It reminds me of how I used to help my mom and sis-in-law occasionally back home. I saw how they roast turkey and do gravy. Indeed, I did the gravy and helped mashing the potatoes.

My very first Christmas dinner was amazing. We took our food and sat down in the table. After everyone got their food, we prayed and wished the best for the people who couldn't make it for the dinner. Then we ate. It was so nice to get together and have dinner. This reflects the strength behind you is your family. Wow! It was just a very good day. :)

No comments: