Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hello New Place?


Hi,

I am really sorry for the super late post. I was suppose to continue about CPU, but after such a long time I became lazy to talk about the past and doubtful to think about future. Therefore, I give you the present.

After my graduation from Canadian Pre-University, I had two months of fun with family and friends. Now, I am in Vancouver, the best city to live in the world.

Being a first year science student in a renown university, University of British Columbia makes me to feel proud, responsible and scary at the same time. However, a warm welcome by the university during one-day orientation called Imagine Day boosted my confidence.

I never knew about this place very much. I didn't do my homework well. I never researched about Vancouver properly. I just thought of diving into the new environment and then start swimming.

After being here in 3 weeks, I learnt a lot about this place and life.

1- Vancouver is the most beautiful city I have ever seen.

2- The campus is gorgeous and full of trees. You can literally take a documentary about plants in this campus.

3- The sunset in UBC is the most beautiful one from the little collections of sunsets that I have seen.

4- People are so diverse and friendly. They can be mean or rude also.

5- No chili sauce, only tomato ketchup. :( But Heinz tomato tastes good too.

6- No tissue, but napkin. There are plenty of works I used to use in Malaysia are never used here. I can't think of any now.

7- One card for all public transportation services-translink.

8- It is not easy to transit into a new environment, especially new country.

9- Malaysia is awesome.

10- The phone plan here is very complicated

11- Inspiration is everywhere and it depends on an individual where to find it.

12- Listen to your heart although mind speaks the logic.

13- Friends will be there when I need them.

14- When I am lost, there will be at least another person in the same boat. After all, life is SIMPLE!

15- Home is just a call away.

16- Friends are just a text away. :P

17- Finally, I learnt that my heart lies here and I will definitely rock it.

p/s the building in the picture is one of the oldest building in the campus.

No comments: